[K12OSN] Best approach to calm the school's administration about Linux?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sun May 30 01:15:43 UTC 2004

On Fri, May 28, 2004 at 03:52:29PM -0500, Tom Brown wrote:
> -snip-
>
> > to Linux Desktop or that city in Florida that has many thin
> >clients.  Let me know what you find as I have the same task in front of me.
>
> Just to get you started: Largo, FL.
<snip>

I'll throw my 2c in. :)  I've been compiling articles on my LUG site on
a page called "Reasons to Avoid Microsoft."  The reasons actually run the
gamut, from "virus X steals your credit cards" to "Microsoft's licensing
forces schools to buy Windows, even for their Macs", and includes a few of
the real good "So-n-so is now using Linux and saved $$$".

  http://www.lugod.org/microsoft/

Sources are quite varied, including CNet News, The Register, BBC News, CNN,
Slashdot, eWeek... you name it.  (Unfortunately, many of the links have since
passed on... stupid news sites! >:^( ... but I always quote the most
interesting snippets under each headline.)

This was actually linked-to in one of the Halloween document pages last year.
Quite an honor!

Enjoy!

-bill!
bill at newbreedsoftware.com              C is like an industrial strength
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/       nail gun; if wielded improperly,
New Breed Software                       it can cause untold carnage.