[K12OSN] No flames: Why use M$ offerings?

anthony baldwin anthonybaldwin at snet.net
Sat May 1 13:43:06 UTC 2004

Jim Hays wrote:
> For many reasons,
> political and otherwise, most schools use at least some Microsoft
> programs.  Some schools have policies that exclude any mail clients
> other than the approved mail client program.  (And in come cases that is
> Outlook - whether you like it or not.)  Some users are not afforded the
> option of using other mail clients.  (Fortunately, I am and I have
> chosen to use Thunderbird.)

In my school the tech admins are as ignorant as your usual lUser.
The main tech guy is totally lost if it's not Windows or Mac OS9.
Honestly.
All the same, when using my school e-mail, I connect with my iBook and
use Netscape mail, even though the guy told me that it was only possible
to interface with the school's mail server using Exchange.
I also receive the same mail at home with netscape.

--
Anthony Baldwin
http://www.School-Library.net