[K12OSN] colinux/uml, etc?

Yancey B. Jones ybjones at one.net
Sun May 2 17:44:02 UTC 2004

> Has anyone tried any of the free 'virtual' linux projects
> along with k12ltsp to get a testbed without needing extra machines?
> VMWare can do it but it isn't free and the alternatives have
> some interesting twists.

VMWare is an awesome product. They used to have educational prices listed on
their site but I think you have to contact them directly for them now -
their educational price used to be $99. They recently dropped their price to
$189 for the Workstation version for the general public and it is worth it
(no, I am not affiliated with VMWare in any way).

The other projects look interesteing but not near as easy to set up as
VMWare. The time saving and the support should help justify the cost.

-Yancey