[K12OSN] No flames: Why use M$ offerings?

Andrew Fournier adfour at mtaonline.net
Sun May 2 20:11:11 UTC 2004

Actually, i don't care. Unless it is a matter of conserving public
funds- or asking me to clean up your viruses. The thing that caught my
eye here was the claim that syncing with a pda couldn't be done in
linux. Assuming, as was the clear implication in the first post, that
one WISHED to use linux, but could not, due to its deficiencies, it
seems reasonable to advise regarding opensource solutions, and to
suggest that a solution be sought before the complaint is made. My
pesronal tastes in personal organizers actually tend towards "post it"
notes and refrigerator magnets. I don't actually care if you use
cuneiform. My issue was that I hear to much about what can't be done by
folks who haven't tried.- and somehow the os seems to bear the
responsibility for this lack of effort. Yancey initially said "When
syncing with a Pocket PC device becomes fully realized on Linux, then I
may revisit my choice (but then again, maybe not - it's my CHOICE). "
You see the condition in the statement? I was addressing that condition.