[K12OSN] No flames: Why use M$ offerings?

Julius Szelagiewicz julius at turtle.com
Mon May 3 02:09:55 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2 May 2004, Yancey B. Jones wrote:
> I guess the real difference is that my choice to use Linux or Windows (or
> whatever) is not a philosophical decision - it is a practical one. I use
> what suits me best at the time and I really don't care what the popular
> opinion is. You are free to make your own choice regardless of the reasons
> behind it - just stop with the attitude that because I made a choice
> contrary to yours, I must of somehow been duped.

Yancey,
	here I was, thinking that this thread was already beaten to death,
but you've managed to rescue it. Allow me to explain: a "practical"
decision without "philosophical" underpinnigs at best constitutes
intellectual laziness, at worst, antisocial behavior. Refusal to see the
connection between one's actions and the world at large is very
convenient, even comfortable, cognitive disconnect not-withstanding. I've
seen today a "get out of Iraq' bumper sticker, on a Hummer.
julius