[K12OSN] No flames: Why use M$ offerings?

Yancey B. Jones ybjones at one.net
Mon May 3 14:34:51 UTC 2004

> > > 	here I was, thinking that this thread was already
> beaten to death,
> > > but you've managed to rescue it. Allow me to
> > > explain: a "practical"
> > > decision without "philosophical" underpinnigs at best constitutes
> > > intellectual laziness, at worst, antisocial behavior.
> Refusal to see

<SNIP>

> 	I am truly very sorry that you feel offended - this was
> *not* my intention. I am at a loss here - where did I "resort
> to insults"?

Perhaps I misread but the comment - "a 'practical' decision without
'philosophical' underpinnigs (sic) at best constitutes intellectual
laziness, at worst, antisocial behavior" - looked like a directed insult. If
I misread, then I truly apologize. I should know better than to read a
potentially explosive topic while already in a bad mood (issues with a
Promise RAID controller has me pulling my hair out).

-Yancey