[K12OSN] SME Server Custom ISO

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Mon May 3 17:33:07 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 12:21, Jim Kronebusch wrote:

> Also I can receive email and send email to the local domain, but I get
> this error when trying to send outside the local domain:
>
> The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected
> by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'jim at winonacotter.org'.
> Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.readysetschool.org', Server:
> 'mail.readysetschool.org', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 Sorry,
> that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts.', Port: 25,
> Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC79
>
> Where do I access the allowed rcpthosts file?  Did I just plain download
> the wrong ISO, this sounded so out-of-the-box before.

I haven't done much with the 6.x version yet but with the earlier
versions you had to add all the subnets that were allowed to
send outbound email to the 'local networks' list in the
server-manager screen.  The typical SME setup has the clients
on the 'inside' interface which is already considered local
but if you have anything more complicated you have to add them.
The error message sounds odd, but any host is allowed to
send mail to your domain while only the known addresses are
allowed to send out.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com