[ok-mail] [K12OSN] troubles with openoffice over 8 clients

John Hansknecht jhansknecht at hanstech.com
Mon May 3 18:47:22 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 08:52, Sylvain Phelippeaux - Wanadoo - wrote:
> my server : Athlon XP 2400 + RAM 1024 + Nforce2 + 2 LAN card (realtek et
> linksys)
> my clients (8) : Dell P166 with RAM 64, integrated LAN + integrated video
> my LAN : Switch 100 mbs + all certified cables
>
> But : my clients can't use properly Openoffice because, when they try to
> use the horizontal bar, it's really slow...
>
> What is the solution ?

From the information you provide I would guess that the issue is not
enough ram...but you could give us more information by running vmstats
from a prompt (try man vmstat for details, but a command of

vmstats 20 180 > vmstats_results.txt

would run vmstats and output every 20 seconds for 180 times or one hour
and output the results to a file vmstats_results.txt. The file would be
in the directory you were in when you ran vmstats....and could be
emailed to me or made available on a website for others to view (sending
files to the list is generally frowned upon.)

--

Thanks,

John Hansknecht

One OS to fool them all
One browser to find them
One email client to bring them all
And through security holes, blind them...