[K12OSN] SME Server Custom ISO

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Mon May 3 19:04:43 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 13:55, Jim Kronebusch wrote:

> The default was
> Network 10.6.0.0 Subnet Mask 255.255.0.0
> And my IP is 10.6.27.27 that I am trying to send from.
>
> It looks almost like it is comparing to a list of allowed domains to
> send to.  I can receive mail from anywhere, but can't send to anything
> but the local domain.  I am not using this box as a gateway and only
> have one NIC installed.

The 'allowed list' is the domain(s) you configured to accept
mail.  That would be correct for someone outside sending
because you don't want to be an open relay that anyone can
use to forward spam.  However it isn't identifying your
local machines correctly to allow them to send anywhere.
Maybe when you only have one interface you have to add
everything to the 'local networks' list explicitly.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com