[K12OSN] SME comm problem

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue May 4 03:47:17 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 22:00, Tom Brown wrote:

> dmesg shows:
> . Serial driver version 4.27 with MANY_PORTS MULTIPORT SHARE_IRQ enabled
> . ttys00 at 0x03F8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
> . ttys01 at 0x02F8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
>
> The 16550A UART should run at 115K with no problem, but I have it set lower
> in Minicom. SME set speed at 115K in /etc/diald.conf.

That looks right except I thought it should be ttyS0 and ttyS1 but
it may be different if you are running a really old kernel. On
some versions you used /dev/cua0 to call out, /dev/ttyS0 for
logins.  Do you get any error when you try to use minicom to
access the device?  The TR led should come on in any case
if you have the right device name.   If the comm port connectors
aren't directly on the motherboard there is also some chance
that the wires go to the wrong headers so try using the
'wrong' device name too.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com