[K12OSN] Unable to boot from CD to install K12 LSTP 4.0.1

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Wed May 5 19:38:24 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-05-05 at 13:15, Duane Wilson wrote:

> I had the same problem. Then I discovered that I had burned the straight
> 4.0.1 file onto the cd instead of burning it as an ISO file. When I
> re-burned it with K3B as an ISO it worked!

K3B does a lot of grunge work if you are assembling files for
a CD, but if you already have an iso image you don't really
need a GUI.  Just:
cdrecord options file.iso
where options are usually --dev=N,0,0
(use "cdrecord --scanbus" to find N) and
--driveropts=burnfree if the drive supports it.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com