[K12OSN] Mplayer Install

Joe Faletra jfaletra at sau16.org
Mon May 10 12:30:40 UTC 2004

I have been trying to get MPlayer to work on thin clients without
success.

I have installed mplayer and it does work on the server.  It is
installed in /usr/share/mplayer.  I created a link and put it on roots
desktop.  Then I dragged the link over the script to put it on all
users desktops.  If you download an mpg  file and double click on it it
lets you know there is no association.  I tried to use the link as the
association and it won't work.  I also tried to associate directly to
mplayer and no dice as well.

Any other ideas?  This on is making me nuts!

Joe

Joe Faletra
School Administrative Unit 16
Districts Manager for Technology Support Services
T: 603-775-8576
F: 603-775-8487
http://www.sau16.org