[K12OSN] Adaptec AIC 79xx SCSI controller driver?

Robert Arkiletian robark at telus.net
Tue May 11 03:43:40 UTC 2004

I don't want to use 4.01 because I'm using dual Xeons and I have read it's not
stable with an SMP kernel (yet). Hoping 4.1 (FC2) with kernel 2.6 will be
stable with SMP. I know Jim M. is intending on releasing it this month.

I'm intending on installing 3.1.2 in expert (dd) mode and install the scsi
controller driver via (DUD) Driver Update Disk found here

http://people.freebsd.org/~gibbs/linux/DUD/aic79xx/

during installation. Just not sure which version of driver I should use.
1.3.11 or 2.0.10

**BTW I have never used a Driver Update Disk during installation before.
Hoping it's easy**

Anyone with experience?

Robert Arkiletian