[K12OSN] Thin client question

jam at mcquil.com jam at mcquil.com
Fri May 14 19:11:21 UTC 2004

On Fri, 14 May 2004, Brian P. Skahan wrote:

> Is there a major reason to use the $34 linksys NIC from
> disklessworkstations over the $20 aopen?

Nope.

the Aopen card is rtl8139 based, the Linksys is tulip based.
Both chipsets are popular, both work well for thin clients.

We can offer the Aopen at such a low price, because we get them directly
from Aopen, with no middle-men.  So, we can pass the savings on to the
customer.

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org