[K12OSN] 2.6 kernel on 4.0.1?

norbert bear2bar at netscape.net
Sat May 15 15:58:18 UTC 2004

Hi Tony,

Yup looks real easy ...... however I'd wait for the Eric/Jim
implementation of K12ltsp with the 2.6 kernel. Having tried it myself
for several days when 2.6 was released I can say that's it is not
simple. During the selection of functions in the kernel I got several
errors of libs missing... so I hunted them down, installed them to
discover that they were not compatible with other libs & so on & so
on.......

But if you're feeling heroic & want to forge ahead please let us all
know how you fare  ;-)

norbert