[K12OSN] Watching the User's web traffic...

Matthew Ross mross at esd165.org
Tue May 18 19:47:59 UTC 2004

Jamie McParland wrote:

>Hmm.. I need that functionality for our district wide squid/squidguard
>server. Not an LTSP lab. Was it some sort of ACL in the squidguard conf?
>
>jamie

Yes, I needed that for my district-wide squid server as well. Happily,
it works fine for me once you apply the patches.

I run a Debian squidbox, so I had to apply Eric's patch manualy then
make my own .deb file. Took some hair pulling, but it's happy now.

Basicaly, it is SquidGuard looking at the URL like normal, and if it
matches your conditions, it redirects. What's special about his patch is
that the redirection can be dynamic, thus you can just take the current
requested URL and put "&safemode=active" at the end of it... forcing
google to be in safemode.

Look in the archives of the list for where he put his patch... I can't
remeber off the top of my head. If you're running Debian, I might still
have the .deb... Sm:)e.

--Matt