[K12OSN] Request Tracker

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu May 20 12:35:04 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-20 at 06:51, Josiah Ritchie wrote:
> It could be a hard install, but they've done a lot to simplify it. Since
> it's dependent on a small fortune of PERL modules, it has a script that
> automatically checks your compliance to its dependencies and, if you
> tell it to, will use CPAN to go get those modules and install them. This
> makes the install from tarball pretty easy, if a little unusual. I
> haven't messed with the RPM as I don't usually use RPM based distros.

Yes, I had already installed by hand using fastcgi instead of
mod_perl and probably won't switch to the RPM package for
this version.  However, there is a huge advantage to using
the RPM packages in general when the maintainer also makes
a yum repository available.  It means all you have to do
is add the repository to your yum.conf and all the bug
fixes and updates happen automatically like for the rest
of the system.

I should probably point out that this version has a
concept of 'custom fields' and approvals that could be
used to track just about anything with a little setup
work and it logs all the outbound email it sends too.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com