[K12OSN] forms and data collection

David Tisdell penguintiz at yahoo.com
Thu May 20 16:04:38 UTC 2004

Hi all,
I run our district web server (on Linux with Apache of
course) and I am getting more and more pressure to
install FrontPage extensions on the web server. I am
reluctant to do this for security reasons as well as
the fact that the advanced features of FP only work in
M$ Windows and IE.The school that is my main
responsibility is the only multiplatform client
enviroment (k12ltsp, Macs, and Windows). All other
schools are Windows only.
The main pressure for FP extensions is the need for
forms via the web.
What do people use for this? I need tools that are
multiplatform, and easy to use. I have thought about
PHP and MySql but am not far enough in my learning to
know if it can be made friendlt for the average user.
What are your suggestions? Thanks
Dave