[K12OSN] switching eth0 and eth1

dalen dalen at czexan.net
Thu May 20 17:36:31 UTC 2004

Roger Ellison wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> The machine I'm exploring K12LTSP on is used for dual booting a number
> of Linux distros.  All of them use eth0 to access the internet thru the
> hub and on to the gateway/firewall machine.  I added a second NIC (eth1)
> to the machine for K12LTSP to connect an old Mac client via a crossover
> cable. My question is:  what do I have to do with the K12LTSP
> configuration to switch the roles of eth0 and eth1, so that eth0 goes to
> the outside world and eth1 connects to the K12LTSP clients?
>
> Thanks
> Roger
Roger,
	I recall this question asked before on this or the fedora list.  You
may want to search the archives.  I think you can swap the
HWADDR=macaddress lines between
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth[0-1] scripts
but I'm not sure. It may be a change in /etc/modules.conf
Someone more knowledgeable please chime in.