[K12OSN] Loosing access to master password

Calvin Park csitech at davisny.edu
Thu May 20 17:44:38 UTC 2004

As a note on what Josiah said there are several smaller distros that do
the same job as Knoppix. Tom's Root Boot for instance (www.toms.net)
fits on a 3.25inch floppy. Or the Trinity Rescue Disk
(http://trinityhome.org/trk/), though I haven't actually used the TRK to
change root passwords before. Tom's works quite well for it and a quick
search on google will give you plenty of how to's, though Josiah already
provided a pretty comprehensive one.

-Calvin