[K12OSN] Web based file sharing

Jason Neiffer jneiffer at neiffer.com
Fri May 21 14:00:37 UTC 2004

Actually...I am really interested in this topic as well.  I like Byteboard
as a solution if we can't figure it out.

I am a teacher and I spent a month last summer at Indiana University for a
grad class on web design.  Their system is really cool: you look into your
account (it is Windows, but listen anyway :) ) and you are given a 100mb
storage drive, plus access to a large scratch drive for temporary storage
should you need it.  They have a web server that allows you to access that
drive from the Internet and upload and download files as you please.

I'm sure it was custom, but perhaps that is what we are looking for?  I am
not sure about y'all but among the largest problems with use of computers is
the issue of transporting files from school to home.  It's no problem for
me, because I have set up my own FTP server at home.  :)

Jason