[K12OSN] K12LTSP update problem

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Sun May 23 17:04:05 UTC 2004

On Sun, 23 May 2004, David Beach wrote:

>Well, when I first installed Fedora/K12LTSP, I was sure there was a checkbox
>in Fedora's update utility that listed K12LTSP. After my first update of
>Fedora, that checkbox no longer appears. I want to update K12LTSP and want
>to use the updating utility (since I have no idea how to do it manually) -
>but how?

Interesting, that config file is not supposed to be overwritten during
updates. I'll look into it.

Anyways, the fix is quick and easy. Just edit this file:

	/etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources

and append these two lines:

	yum k12ltsp ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/yum/fedora/
	yum macromedia http://macromedia.mplug.org/apt/fedora/1/

-Eric