[K12OSN] Management--in regards to IE requirement

Les Bell lesbell at lesbell.com.au
Mon May 24 04:29:52 UTC 2004

"Terrell Prude', Jr." <microman at cmosnetworks.com> wrote:

 So far, Netscape 7 has worked just
dandily in this scenario, and I don't see why either "classic" Mozilla
or Firefox wouldn't.
<<

With roaming profiles, Terrell? We used to use Netscape 7.1, but when I
introduced roaming profiles, the problems with NS started, and I couldn't
find a way around it. The Mozilla website certainly states that Moz doesn't
support roaming profiles. However, I'm hopeful that Firefox might be
better, as IE has been troublesome: it keeps losing the proxy settings,
requiring them to be reset by a registry patch (.reg) file, and it
periodically decides to abandon our intranet site as the home page and
phone home to Microsoft (lots of people suffer from that problem). Then
there's the times it decides it wants you to dial before it will connect,
even though you're sitting on a LAN with 10 Mbps connection to the
Internet.

Trust me, I wouldn't use IE if I didn't feel we were forced to. . .

Best,

--- Les Bell, RHCE, CISSP
[http://www.lesbell.com.au]