[K12OSN] Watchteacher

Robert Arkiletian robark at telus.net
Wed May 26 05:30:41 UTC 2004

I found this info

http://linus.yorktown.arlington.k12.va.us/cs/at/students/Wheeler_Nick/
InstallingTeacherToolandWatchTeacher_html

about a script that uses Xvnc and vncviewer to allow students to view the
teacher's screen. I think this is fantastic. I would not have to borrow an
expensive LCD projector anymore. The problem is I am not very familiar with
the described method of setting things up. I don't know how to setup two vnc
servers (one on localhost 98 and the other 99) etc..

I was wondering if someone could post a detailed "how-to" with line by line
instructions for a newbie. I really think many teachers would love this
application. Especially for teaching programming.

Personally I think this would be a super idea to ship built-in as part of
k12ltsp.

this is an older method
http://web.vcs.u52.k12.me.us/content/vncreflector/vncreflector-how-to.html

PS I am using k12ltsp 3.1.2 but will be upgrading to 4.1 when it comes out.

Robert Arkiletian
Eric Hamber Secondary