[K12OSN] lpinfo -v network smb

pnelson pnelson at riverdale.k12.or.us
Wed May 26 17:57:49 UTC 2004

I have one printer on a Windows machine that we've been accessing via
cups for most of the year. Today it's gone.

I'm not sure how it deleted itself from the cups printers.conf file.
It's there in the backup versions I have.

Running lpinfo -v on this server does NOT show "network smb" in the
list. On the other server with cups working to this printer it does.

I think this is part of the problem but I've never dealt with this
before. Clues?

Signed in the dark...

;-) Paul

Paul Nelson.............................. pnelson at riverdale.k12.or.us
Riverdale High...........9727 SW Terwilliger Blvd. Portland, OR 97219
(503)892-0722......fax(503)892-0723.... http://hs.riverdale.k12.or.us