[K12OSN] NFS Client for Windows

Julius Szelagiewicz julius at turtle.com
Wed May 26 18:07:06 UTC 2004

> How would I go about telling my Windows box how to find a Samba mount
> over the internet from my linux server.  I would definitely be more
> interested in this, I just didn't think it was possible.

Jim,
 you need to set up VPN, make sure that routing is going correctly and
then just map the drives by address or by name entered in lmhosts or by
wins. In all this the VPN is crucial - access to files from the 'net is
not as much insane as it is suicidal.  Since you obviously run K12, just
apt-get cipe and use that for an aeasy to set VPN. julius

p.s. HP-UX has NFS 3.0 that actually runs over TCP, not UDP. it is not any
more robust or secure for it.