[K12OSN] Roaming profile directory

Joe Faletra jfaletra at sau16.org
Fri May 28 14:50:13 UTC 2004

Les,

After making the changes you requested I get the infamous Microsloft
Windows cannot find the server copy  blah blah blah.  Her eis my
smb.conf AFTER the changes:

Red = changes you suggested
Blue = Lines I commented out

Also /var/samba/profiles is CHMOD 777 all the way down.

Ideas????

# Global Configuration
[global]
        workgroup = NEWFIELDS
        server string = Samba Server
        netbios name = NES1
        smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
        passdb backend = smbpasswd
        printcap name = cups
        log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        max log size = 50
        security = user
        domain logons = Yes
        preferred master = Yes
        domain master = Yes
        dns proxy = No
        wins support = Yes
        guest ok = Yes
        add user script = /usr/sbin/useradd/-m %u
        delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel/ -r %u
        add group script = /uer/sbin/groupadd %g
        delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel/ %g
        add user to group script = /usr/sbin/usermod -G %g %u
        add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -s /bin/false \-d
/dev/null %u
# The following line is creating/updating roaming profiles
        logon path = \\%N\profiles\%u
        logon drive - H:
        os level = 80
        idmap uid = 15000-20000
        idmap gid = 15000-20000

[homes]
        comment = Home Directories
        valid users = %S
        writeable = yes
        read only = No
        create mask = 0664
        directory mask = 0775
        browseable = yes

[netlogon]
        comment = Network Logon Service
        path = /var/samba/netlogon

[profiles]
        path = /var/samba/profiles
        read only = no
        # writeable = yes
        # writeable = yes
        # browseable = yes
        create mask = 0600
        directory mask =0700
        # profile acls = yes
        # read only = no
[root at K12LTSP jfaletra]#

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com>
writes:

>"Joe Faletra" <jfaletra at sau16.org> wrote:
>

>If I want all of the profiles saved in /var/samba/profiles/USERNAME
>what would I do?
><<
>
>Based on copying'n'pasting from my own, similar, Samba setup:
>
>[global]
>
>        logon path = \\%N\profiles\%u
>        logon drive = H:
>
>You'll also need to share /var/samba/profiles as "profiles" to match
>the
>logon path above:
>
>[profiles]
>        path = /var/samba/profiles
>        read only = No
>        create mask = 0600
>        directory mask = 0700
>
>That basically should do it.
>
>Best,
>
>--- Les Bell, RHCE, CISSP
>[http://www.lesbell.com.au]

Joe Faletra
School Administrative Unit 16
Districts Manager for Technology Support Services
T: 603-775-8576
F: 603-775-8487
http://www.sau16.org

DO NOT READ, COPY, OR DISSEMINATE THIS COMMUNICATION UNLESS YOU ARE THE
INTENDED ADDRESSEE.  This e-mail communication contains confidential
and/or privileged information that is intended only for the addressee.
If you have received this communication in error, please call us
immediately at 603-775-8680 and ask to speak to the sender of the
communication.  Also please immediately notify the sender via e-mail
that you have received the communication in error.  Please note e-mail
may be corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late, be incomplete or
contain viruses.  The sender does not accept liability which arises as
a result of e-mail transmission.  If verification of this message is
required, please request a hard copy version at 603-775-8680.