[K12OSN] Display driver problem

Jonathan Carter jonathan at shuttleworthfoundation.org
Mon May 31 15:55:31 UTC 2004

Hi K12 list,

I have a problem with a school whose thin client are extremely slow. I
first thought it was lack of RAM (24MB), but after enabling NFS swap I
now suspect it is the display driver. It's a clgd5440 chip, and I'm
using K12LTSP 4.0.0. What driver should I be using? If I use cirrus it
comes up garbled, but it is fast. If I do that build-script thing it
looks good, but it's extremely slow. Vesa has the same (slow) result.

If I choose XF86_SVGA it doesn't work either, but it shows me a list of
cards which include clgd5436 and clgd 5446, but no 5440.

Is there another driver I can use? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jonathan