[K12OSN] Best approach to calm the school's administration ab out

Jim Christiansen christiansen_j at hotmail.com
Mon May 31 22:12:04 UTC 2004

About Linux-

It is being used everywhere AND net/admin people are having a greater burden
trying to ignore it.

I'm using it in grades 8 to 12 on servers for webserving, DNS, backup,
firewalling, content filtering, thin clients and standalones on about 100
boxes now.

I just got back from the other side of the continent - literally - and
Memorial University had a big surprise for me.

I sat down at a box in the main library with my little tiny sheet of paper
listing my logon and password.  I pressed the shift key and what did I see?
A modified kde logon.

The admins had setup a win98 image as one of the boot options in gdm.  Every
user had a great system to utilize.  I used linux. as manyu others around
me.

Any system admin who disses linux has their heads up their as@#s.

It works, it is cheap, it is powerful, it is quicker to admin.  I'm alone
here- a one man show- and with this list I have never had a down minute.
Period.

Jim Christiansen

Free yourself from those irritating pop-up ads with MSn Premium. Get 2months
FREE*