[K12OSN] Groupware recommendations?

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Mon Nov 1 14:13:16 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I'm researching this issue for a colleague in another school.  His school
currently uses FirstClass for email and conferencing stuff
(http://www.firstclass.com/) (nice product...I'm using it right now to
type this)  but they need to move to an Open Source program as the funding
has dried up.  Anyone have any recommendations for groupware style apps
that are similar?  Being able to post to conferences for collaboration
without mass emailing everyone would be a big plus.  It would also be a
plus if it'll work on an E-Smith/SME server.  Let me know your
recommendations.....   :-)

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School