[K12OSN] someone had questions about hotmail

Rob Owens robowens at myway.com
Tue Nov 2 11:22:51 UTC 2004

A while back somebody had questions about why hotmail wasn't working properly.  Hotmail requires cookies to be enabled (I imagine it's so that they can verify to their advertisers that users are receiving the ads).  With cookies blocked, it won't log you in properly.

If you're worried about network bandwidth, I'd like to make a suggestion about webmail.  Hotmail has a lot of graphical advertisements and it worked really slowly on my dial-up system.  I switched to "myway.com" because it's all text based (but it still looks nice).  They don't even have banner advertisements, and it is free.  Storage space is 125 MB compared to hotmail's 2 MB.  It also requires cookies to be enabled, but only for "myway.com", and not for zillions of paid advertisers, as with hotmail.

I realize this is only my 2nd post and the above kind of sounds like an advertisement.  I hope nobody thinks I'm spamming the list.  I'm just recommending a service that I've found helpful.  I won't make any money off of it.

-Rob