[K12OSN] Oofice query

Alan A Hodson ahodson at elp.rr.com
Tue Nov 2 13:56:09 UTC 2004

Big day in the US - hope everybody has a chance to vote here

I have in the past solved most Open Office problems by simply
dragging the user's .openoffice folder to the trash and running one
of the components like spreadsheet (we use IceWM)

With version 4.1 K12LTSP I am noticing that frequently that does not
help. There is an installing sentence, and the program hangs. I've
thought of copying another user's .openoffice file and dragging into
the user that is having problems, but thought I would ask the group
for some tips before doing this.

Also, are there spreadsheet limitations? Students are importing
pictures and creating rather large files - could this be the cause?

I appreciate your sharing ideas and worked-for-me experiences.

Cheers
Alan A Hodson
El Paso ISD, TX
http://links.episd.org/