[K12OSN] Wish list

Jay Pfaffman pfaffman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 19:03:39 UTC 2004

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 09:59:50 -0800, Eric Harrison
<eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us> wrote:
> This weekend I'm going to a LTSP developer's conference in Maine.
> I have Friday -> Monday carved out for K12LTSP development.
> While I have some dedicated time, what do you guys & gals
> want me to work on?

I have at least one school that has lots of PPC macs, most running OS9
(or earlier).  If there were an easy way to use those macs as thin
clients it'd be great.  In fact, I'd take my new LacLinux shuttle out
for a demo Real Soon Now.

One teacher I'm working with is interested in being able to see and/or
control student's screens.   Aside from the Big Brother appeal it'd
also be handy to be able to share an individual's work on a projector
in the front of the room.

Easy integration with LDAP or other authentication server (maybe it's
easy already) and means to set one up would be nice too.

--
Jay Pfaffman                           <pfaffman at utk.edu>
Asst Professor of Instructional Technology, U. TN, Knoxville