[K12OSN] Wish list

Rob Owens robowens at myway.com
Wed Nov 3 19:26:49 UTC 2004

I'd be interested in a K12LTSP package that is designed to sit on top of any Linux distro (not bundled with Fedora Core).

At home I switched from Microsoft to Mandrake about a year ago.  A few months back I installed 4.0.1 on a separate hard drive to test it out and I was pleased to see how easy it was to get it working.  However, I am now using the separate hard drive for the more "responsible" purpose of backing up my system every day.  I don't dare switch from Mandrake to Fedora for fear of spousal repercussions..."you changed the computer again!?"

My goal is to get K12LTSP working well at home and then invite some of the local school IT guys to come over for a demonstration.  I'd really like to use it with Mandrake to minimize the changes to my one-and-only home computer.  If I can get the schools to adopt it, it doesn't matter to me if they use Fedora or Mandrake or whatever.

I realize that I can at the ltsp package to Mandrake, but I can't seem to get the time to do all the setup (and I'm still somewhat new to Linux, so this stuff sometimes takes me a while).  I'm looking for the ease-of-setup benefits of the K12LTSP disto, but without Fedora Core.

-Rob