[K12OSN] Wish list

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Wed Nov 3 20:42:24 UTC 2004

"Support list for opensource software in schools." <k12osn at redhat.com> on
Wed Nov  3 2004 at 13:22 +0000 wrote:
>Any possibilty to have wireless access to K12LTSP?  That would be
>interesting......  A "wireless lab" of laptops with no hard drives and
>"bootable NICs" running K12LTSP from a server in the cart.   This one
>would have some commercial value as well.

This can be done already....to some degree.  BUT....the low 11mbs or even
54 mbs rate on the wifi cards makes it a bit slow, but one thing we'll
look at this weekend is if using NX can solve this issue at least until
wifi speeds catch up

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School