[K12OSN] Wish list

Pete pvdw at criticalcontrol.com
Thu Nov 4 00:07:25 UTC 2004

Eric Harrison wrote:

>This weekend I'm going to a LTSP developer's conference in Maine.
>I have Friday -> Monday carved out for K12LTSP development.
>While I have some dedicated time, what do you guys & gals
>want me to work on?

If you wanna see how many people are on the list... just ask for a wish
list :-)

Clustering is one of my favorites although I think just like things like
squid/dansguardian it shouldn't be something that the (K12)LTSP guru's
work on.
Those things exist and can be added to a LTSP env. manually...
Menu editing (one and the same for KDE/Gnome/ICE/...) we should ask that
one to the opendesktop guys shouldn't we?

Pure (K12)LTSP functionality is what needs focus (I think)
local usb (webcam keychain scanner printer) access
multimedia on the client (without frying the server)
wireless clients (maybe...)
support for more types of disklessclients with odd (but popular) graphic
cards etc.
And a way to leave XSERVER=auto and still have every client using it's
optimum resolution/color depth
(without per client configurations in lts.conf)

my 2cents Canadian

Peter