[K12OSN] Wish list

Scott Sherrill scott at hancock.k12.mi.us
Thu Nov 4 14:58:37 UTC 2004

>This weekend I'm going to a LTSP developer's conference in Maine.
>I have Friday -> Monday carved out for K12LTSP development.
>While I have some dedicated time, what do you guys & gals
>want me to work on?

An idea I've been thinking about for awhile - a tool to track usage
of specific applications.

For example, I would like to know that during the day yesterday:
12 kids used OpenOffice
27 kids used Mozilla
2 kids used Gimp
etc.

Ideally it would also be nice to be able to tell how *long* each
application was used as well.  Software metering is what I am wishing
for ;-)

Those kinds of numbers go a long way to help promote the cause to
administration.

Scott
Scott Sherrill
Technology Coordinator Hancock Public Schools
Hancock, MI
http://www.hancock.k12.mi.us