[K12OSN] Bootable floppy challenge: DFE-530TX+

Richard K. Ingalls ringalls at glenwood.k12.mo.us
Thu Nov 4 16:09:07 UTC 2004

I had a chance to get 20 super cheap NICs, they are D-Link DFE-530TX+ ,
Rev.E1 cards.  When I researched them online I read that I could use the
RTL8139 zdsk image from Rom-o-matic.net.  My problem is that the chip on
the card is not a RealTek chip, as I thought it would be.  The chip says
DL10038D.  Can anyone help me to determine the correct bootable floppy
image from rom-o-matic that I need to use?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
 for that which he cannot lose."
 -- Jim Elliott

RICHARD K. INGALLS
Director of Information Technology
Glenwood R-8 School District
West Plains, MO

email..ringalls (at) glenwood.k12.mo.us
web....http://glenwood.k12.mo.us
ph.....417.256.4849
fax....417.257.2567

"Miracles are a retelling in small letters
 of the very same story which is written across
 the whole world in letters too large
 for some of us to see."
 -- C. S. Lewis