[K12OSN] Apache

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Thu Nov 4 21:36:10 UTC 2004

> ### Section 3: Virtual Hosts
> #
> # VirtualHost: If you want to maintain multiple domains/hostnames on
your
> # machine you can setup VirtualHost containers for them. Most
configurations
> # use only name-based virtual hosts so the server doesn't need to
worry about
> # IP addresses. This is indicated by the asterisks in the directives
below.
> #
> # Please see the documentation at
> # <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/>
> # for further details before you try to setup virtual hosts.
> #
> # You may use the command line option '-S' to verify your virtual host
> # configuration.
>
> #
> # Use name-based virtual hosting.
> #
>

> # Where do we put the lock and pif files?
> LockFile "/var/lock/httpd.lock"
> CoreDumpDirectory "/etc/httpd"
>
> # Defaults for virtual hosts
>
> # Logs
>
> #
> # Virtual hosts
> #
>
> # Virtual host Default Virtual Host
> <VirtualHost *>
>  	ServerSignature email
> 	DirectoryIndex  index.php index.html index.htm index.shtml
>  	LogLevel  warn
>  	HostNameLookups off
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <Directory "/">
>         Options FollowSymLinks
>         AllowOverride None
> </Directory>
>
> <Directory "/var/www/html">
>         Options Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks
>         AllowOverride None
>         Allow from all
>         Order allow,deny
> </Directory>
>
> <Directory "/var/www/icons">
>         Options Indexes MultiViews
>         AllowOverride None
>         Allow from all
>         Order allow,deny
> </Directory>
>
> <Directory "/var/www/cgi-bin">
>         Options ExecCGI
>         AllowOverride None
>         Allow from all
>         Order allow,deny
> </Directory>

Just a few suggestions for changes here.  Since you are doing name based
hosting you need the NameVirtualHost * directive, also you should have a
ServerName directive in each Virtual host, and your Directory directives
specific to the virtual host should be contained in the virtual host
containers. I'll paste the changes below:

### Section 3: Virtual Hosts
#
[...]

	ServerName madisonhs.yourdomain.com
[...]

---