[K12OSN] All The Right Type & Linux

Jamie McParland mcparlandj at newberg.k12.or.us
Thu Nov 4 23:30:30 UTC 2004

I added the & to the rc.local script. But now I get an address in use error.

err: Bind failed
err: Now Shutting down due to an error
err: System error: 98 - Address already in use
---: Flushing outstanding requests
---: Uninitializing sockets
---: Freeing indices
---: Releasing table data
---: Releasing Mutex
---: Shutdown complete
bt!: LogUnInit: UnInitializing Logger

Does anyone know how I can kill that? I know the program using that address
is killed but it seems the socket is still open.

Also if I ssh into the machine and am NOT in the directory where the DB is
and run

/etc/rc.d/rc.local

I get this error

[root at tbserver /]# bt!: EndianInit: Architecture is little endian
bt!: SockInit: FD_SETSIZE = 1024
bt!: MiniDB v2.0.2
err: Tables.txt file not found in / - no database to start

But if I cd to the directory where the db is and run the /etc/rc.d/rc.local
it finds the dbs. So I guess I need to figure out what I need to add the
rc.local file to tell it the dbs are in /data/apps/all_the_right_type

Jamie