[K12OSN] Why Linux?

Olle Niit olle at paalalinn.com
Fri Nov 5 01:38:39 UTC 2004

On N, 2004-11-04 at 19:35, Jason wrote:
> Hi Everyone.
>
> I've been reading this list for about a week now and I'm enjoying it
> very much.  It's been a great source of information.
>
> I work for a school board that just quite doesn't understand the benefit
> of Linux especially LTSP.  We did have Linux servers for authentication
> for Windows machines and proxy etc but they got cold feet and went with
> MS 2003 Server (not without problems)

If I say "Linux", I mean "no viruses, no ads, no spyware". Plus multiple
times less problems. Computer teacher is very happy now.

When I say "Windows", I mean "2-3 times reinstall Windows in every
computer in the class, antivirus software license costs every year, time
losses because of viruses still coming in."

As administrator... Every day is like nightmare with Windows. I really
dont like work with Windows any more. I try to replace every Windows
machine with Linux when possible.

Olle Niit