[K12OSN] Why Linux

Jason tuxnician at execulink.com
Fri Nov 5 18:37:14 UTC 2004

I would like to Thank everyone for responding so promptly and with some
great information.

It would seem I'm not the only one with a high interest or passion for
Linux and LTSP.

I would like to quote some of your messages including your name and
school/business but I would need your permission.  If you don't want
your name used please email me and I will honour your request.

I would like to know how teachers, students, staff etc are reacting to
the cost saving but also it's usefulness in the classroom.  Does it help
with the curriculum etc?

One LTSP server I built is now online in an elementary classroom (I
forget the grade).  Since it was just installed the other day I haven't
heard how it's going but the teacher is very supportive of the project.

I put Fedora Core on her personal computer over the summer so that she
could learn and prepare for when the LTSP server came online.

The next server will be in a secondary setting for Special Education kids.

Thanks everyone!

Jason