[K12OSN] launch an application via php script?

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Mon Nov 8 15:19:36 UTC 2004

> Is there a way to launch an application (eg: 'gimp') via a php script?

I myself have no idea if this can be done, however this made me recall a
conversation with our old Web Designer.  He said that Java Applets were
the only web technology that he could use to call on local applications,
all other stuff was a "server side" technology.  So you could create a
Java Applet that upon initial access of the site would download and run
locally, then you could have buttons that would call the local
applications or on websites.  But again, I have no idea.

---