[K12OSN] Re: [Ltsp-discuss] When will Redhat's K12LTSP releaseiso's for x86-64?

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Tue Nov 9 17:38:27 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 08:48, Jim Kronebusch wrote:
> > 3.)  Another option would be to load the x86-64 version of
> > any GNU/Linux
> > distro (FC3, SuSE, etc.) and install LTSP on it.

> The only Doom and Gloom I have had with it is it doesn't seem as
> complete.  If I remember most of the Edutainment programs are missing by
> default.  But it was easy to install the couple times I tried it.  I
> just wish it was as all inclusive of an add-on as what comes with the
> K12LTSP bundle.

There has been some discussion here before about making the
k12ltsp packaging into meta-packages that pull in all the
required RPMs and configure them.  It's pretty close now, but
some small changes should let you install a stock fedora/RH/centos
distribution, adjust your yum/apt config to point to the right
repository and use yum or apt to add the ltsp and/or edutainment
parts.  However the x86-64 versions might be a problem unless a
special repository copy is maintained.  I think there are still
issues with trying to mix repositories that have 64 and 32 bit versions
of the same things.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com