[K12OSN] Damn, they are moving fast

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Wed Nov 10 14:37:05 UTC 2004

I installed FC3 on my laptop at the LTSP-by-the-Sea event this
weekend.....It works much better than FC2 did with regard to laptop
specific issues.  First....my USB thumb drives....I simply insert them and
"poof" an icon appears on my desktop giving me access to them.  My
wireless works with a minimum of effort....I had to run (in terminal)

modprobe yenta_socket
service pcmcia restart

and that's it!  Everything else works!  I've had to run Mandrake 10 for
the past few months to get all things to work, but now I can have Fedora!
Yay!

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School