[K12OSN] skolelinux

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Wed Nov 10 23:08:05 UTC 2004

I too tested out Skole...and was desperately hoping it would be just
like K12LTSP but with a debian base...
I was sadly disappointed...and it would require a BUNCH of hacking to
get it working the way I need at my
primary location...But if I were to build anew, and set-up a network
from scratch I would definately try this
out first. (I'm more of a debian buff than FC).

I will say, it worked out of the box with zero effort and the KDE was
surprisingly FAST!
There was also a kde menu editor that was very simple to use...I only
tested with 1 user and 1 client on my old
demo machine...so nothing production style.

--Huck