[K12OSN] skolelinux

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Fri Nov 12 04:57:41 UTC 2004

On Thu, 11 Nov 2004, Dennis Daniels wrote:

>We've been trying to get NFS to play nice with xdmcp... and mounted home
>dirs. via NFS but only marginal success with kdm and absolute failure
>with gdm and xdm... Can someone else confirm that fc2 is working well
>with nfs/xdmcp?

Hi Dennis,

I can't make sense of what you are trying to do, NFS and XDMCP are
independant of each other.

Please give us as much detail as posssible about your configuration:
how have you deviated from a default install and what was your
reasoning behind the deviations?  (i.e. if we understand what you
are trying to do, we can show you the right way to do it)

-Eric