[K12OSN] new K12LTSP 4.2.0 alpha build

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Nov 12 22:30:43 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 15:53, Access Systems wrote:

> > I did too until I got a GUI to work just as fast (but I used ELM, then
> > mutt).  Now it takes about 4 seconds from icon-click to evolution having
> > my inbox displayed and moving through messages is as fast as anything
>
> far far too slow. 4 seconds and 300 e-mails is 20 minutes of wasted time
> just waiting for messages to load. Pine is as close to instantanious as
> the monitor can paint the screen

I didn't mean 4 seconds per message, I meant 4 seconds to start
evolution and have all that fits of my inbox listing on the screen
along with a sidebar showing all my other folders and their unread
message counts. I don't think I could measure the time it takes to go
message-to-message. That's basically instant.  One of the 'other'
folders catches all the failed inbound mail for a domain that gets so
much spam I gave up on trying to return the bad addresses so it
accumulates at least a thousand an hour.  it might take a couple of
minutes to complete the expunge of 30,000 or so but viewing, selecting,
deleting is still fast. (With Imap a delete just marks it for deleting,
the expunge is the file operation).  These speeds are on a local
ethernet with the server (an SME server using maildir storage).  It
goes a little slower from home but still not bad.

---
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com