[K12OSN] New menus - Reduced application collection

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Mon Nov 15 16:24:56 UTC 2004

While I like your list for the most part...We do without games very well
indeed =)
Productive computer usage up at LEAST 25%, playing gnibbles/freeciv last
year caused ~50% of machines to be used for gaming at any given time.
Some still waste away time with tux paint...

And the only other problem I had was negating The Gimp because of
'complexity'...
It is no more complex than Photoshop(maybe even less so)...I've come to
learn that 'complexity' usually means 'lack of experience in usage'
in relation to computer applications...Abiword is a NON-complex word
processing app, OOWriter is MUCH more complex..but we don't throw it
out because of it's complexity do we?  Just my 2 cents worth =)

Personally I think it should just be MUCH MUCH easier to edit a default
menu and enforce that menu among users.
D. Trask, using IceWM, touts some app for editing that WM's menus, but
I've not had the time to check it out yet.

--Huck