[K12OSN] NDS (was: Shared Folders)

norbert bear2bar at netscape.net
Mon Nov 15 21:24:39 UTC 2004

pvdw at criticalcontrol.com wrote:

> Pete wrote:
>

>> You need Novell's NDS man :-)
>

> On that same topic I heard that Novell is gonna port there file-system
> to Linux and GPL it...
> This would happen end 2005 due to legal stuff (Non Novell code in
> original source etc)
> Anybody else heard this 'rumor'
>
> IMHO this will KILL all other file-servers in the market...
>
> Pete

Hi

Actually Novell has ported their file servers, print servers & network
servers to Suse Linux and is part of their strategy for "world
domination" a.k.a enterprise services.
SO for all you guys fighting the school boards, one in is that since all
their backbone structures that were on Novell netware are ported to Suse
they might as well implement K12LTSP & standardize on one OS instead of
mixing with that inferior, costly, unreliable stuff from M$.  :-D :-D

norbert